Rideshare drivers, like drivers of Uber and Lyft vehicles, do cause accidents. Unfortunately, they cause these accidents all too often. The accidents also result in victims suffering from unwanted and undeserved injuries. Please do us a favor and contact a skilled rideshare accident attorney now if you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car crash involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle.
Top Causes of Rideshare Accidents
There are five main causes for rideshare accidents. These include:
- Speeding – Uber and Lyft drivers often speed, either to hurry and pick up customers or to get customers to a destination on time (or as fast as possible). As we all know, speeding is dangerous, and the act does contribute to car collisions.
- Driving while tired – Rideshare drivers tend to work long hours to try and maximize their daily fares. But long hours can mean a lack of alertness, which just increases the risks of an accident or injury.
- Ignoring Dangerous Road Conditions – There is a financial incentive for rideshare drivers to drive in unsafe driving conditions (like rain, snow, or fog). Drivers often ignore these conditions so that they can make money. But the ignorance is never safe for passengers and other drivers.
- Traffic violations – There are times when Uber and Lyft drivers fail to obey the rules of the road (like running a red light). If so, the law usually says they are negligent drivers who should be held accountable for any injuries that their poor driving causes.
- Distraction – We all know that texting while driving and looking at a mobile phone when driving is never a safe habit. Unfortunately, rideshare drivers have to look at their mobile device all the time for such things as directions, traffic conditions, and availability of customers. This frequency of use is a natural cause of roadway accidents.
Ways to Prove Causation
It’s one thing to say that a rideshare driver can cause an auto accident, but it’s a completely separate issue to actually prove that a rideshare driver did in fact contribute to a motor vehicle collision.
In trying to prove that an Uber or Lyft driver contributed to an accident, injury attorneys often rely on:
- Surveillance video,
- Witness statements,
- Police reports,
- Photos from the scene of the accident,
- Medical records,
- Damage to any vehicles involved, and
- Accident reconstruction experts.
A skilled rideshare accident lawyer can easily help you gather evidence to help prove your case.
Compensation in Rideshare Accident Cases
If you were injured in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, you deserve fair compensation for you suffering. If successful in bringing an injury claim or lawsuit, you can receive compensation for such items as:
- Medical expenses,
- Lost wages,
- Future lost earning capacity,
- Property damage, and
- Pain and suffering.
Our legal team at Premier Injury Law Firm will fight to receive this compensation on your behalf.
Contact Premier Injury Law Firm for Help
If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, please know that the Premier Injury Law Firm is here to help. Our legal team is skilled, experienced, and passionate in their representation. Let us shoulder the burden of an injury claim or lawsuit while you focus on healing from your injuries. Contact us today for the quality legal help you deserve.