It’s important to remember that insurance companies are businesses and are motivated to protect their bottom line. This is why the companies often try to avoid settling a rideshare accident case at fair value. Please know that if you were injured in an Under or Lyft accident, you deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries. Please contact a skilled rideshare attorney now for help!
Ways Insurance Companies Avoid Paying Fair Settlement
If you file a personal injury claim after a rideshare accident, the insurance company handling the claim will eventually assign your case to an insurance adjuster. Adjusters are notorious for using certain techniques to avoid paying fair value in settling your claim. Some common techniques include:
- Blaming you: If the rideshare driver was at fault for the accident, the insurance adjuster may try to shift the blame to you and argue that your personal insurance policy should cover the damages.
- Disputing liability: The insurance adjuster may dispute liability for the accident, claiming that their insured driver was not at fault, or that the rideshare company is liable rather than the individual driver.
- Lowballing settlement offers: Insurance companies may make low settlement offers in an effort to save money. They may also use tactics to delay the settlement process, hoping that you will become frustrated and accept a low-ball offer.
- Using recorded statements against you: Insurance adjusters may contact you and ask for a recorded statement about the accident. They may use your words against you later in negotiations or during trial.
- Denying coverage: Insurance adjusters may try to deny coverage altogether by arguing that the driver was not technically “on the clock” at the time of the accident, or that the driver was not following company policies.
Please keep in mind that insurance adjusters work for insurance companies. One result is that they usually place the company’s interests above yours when trying to settle an injury claim. Don’t accept a lowball offer just because you think you have to. Do yourself a favor and contact an experienced rideshare accident attorney for help in your claim negotiations.
Proving Liability in a Rideshare Accident
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you’ll have to show that the rideshare driver was liable in order to receive compensation for your injuries. “Liable” is just a legal term that means the rideshare driver was responsible for causing the accident. You often have to show the following in order to prove that an Uber or Lyft driver was liable for your collision:
- The driver failed to drive as a reasonable driver under the same circumstances, or
- The driver knew of some risk to driving and ignored that risk.
Contact The Premier Injury Law Firm for Help
If you or a loved one was injured in a car or rideshare accident, please know that the Premier Injury Law Firm is here to help. Our legal team is skilled, experienced, and passionate in their representation. Let us shoulder the burden of an injury claim or lawsuit while you focus on healing from your injuries. Contact us today for the quality legal help you deserve.